Division of Breast Surgery
It is possible to obtain an HONORARY DIPLOMA of Breast Surgery. With this diploma the Division of Breast Surgery within the UEMS Section of Surgery recognizes experienced and practicing Consultant Breast Surgeons, who actively contribute to the development of the field of Breast surgery.
The conditions for application are:
- At least
10 years' experience at the level of Consultant/Attending Surgeon
- At least 10 PubMed listed publications on breast of which at least 3 in the last 5 years
- University based work in a leading position (confirmed by the dean or by the hospital director) non- university based leading position with practice specialized in Breast Surgery
- 2 letters
of support (one by a national and one by an international colleague)
- payment of 500 Euro
application should include (all the documents in English):
1. A cover letter from the applicant highlighting the reasons he considers himself worthy of an Honorary Diploma
2. Two supporting letters from peers (one national and one from another country) supporting the application and highlighting the reasons why the candidate is worthy of an Honorary Diploma
3. If university based: Confirmation by dean or hospital director of the university based leading position
4. If not university based: Confirmation by the national representative in the UEMS Section of Surgery/Division of Breast Surgery that the applicant has a leading position with practice in Breast Surgery
5. A copy of the applicant's complete CV
6. List of publications
7. List of lectures as invited speaker during the last 5 years
8. A passport size photo
fellows may apply to serve as examiners in the future EBSQ Breast Surgery
examinations, or they may be invited to contribute as examiners.
In a case your application for the Breast Surgery Honorary Diploma is not approved, the fee of €500 will NOT be reimbursed.